Amy’s Top50 Songs of 2013
40. Ed Roland And The Sweet Tea Project – Devils ‘n Darlins
38. John Mayer – Wildfire [YouTube]
37. Yuna – Rescue
“No S.O.S needed, no rescuing she’s fine out there.“
The first time I listened to Yuna’s album — thanks to one of those once-in-a-blue-moon asserting Amazon recommendations — I thought her sound fitted perfectly within that void that Nelly Furtado (albeit, less nasally) left in between I’m Like a Bird [MV], Try [MV], and that blunder people like to call a comeback.
It’s freeing and fun… and she’s Malaysian to boot.
36. Breen – Say What You Want
35. Sting – Practical Arrangement [YouTube]
34. Drunken Tiger – The Cure (살자) [YouTube]
33. Los Campesinos! – Avocado, Baby [YouTube]
31. Javed Ali, Kirti Sagathia & Pooja AV – Tum Tak
I wasn’t a big fan of Raanjhanaa, but I was really impressed with the simplicity of the lyrics in Tum Tak, which seems to translate into “Just You,” but the usage in the song gives it different meanings depending on the verse.
30. Tanya Chua (蔡健雅) – One Hundred Thousand Milliliters Tears (十萬毫升淚水) [YouTube]