Amy’s Top50 Songs of 2013
28. Lee Hi (이하이) – One-Sided Love (짝사랑)
You know when everyone talks about someone hyping them soooo much that when you finally get to listen to them, you’re not all that impressed? That doesn’t happen when you listen to Lee Hi sing. She’s still got a couple of good teen years ahead of her and is already this talented.
27. Shan Ren Band (山人乐队) – Drinking Song (酒歌) [YouTube]
26. Boombox (Бумбокс) – Ashes (Пепел)
Admittedly, I ran into this because of Chulpan Khamatova’s involvement in the series. In the end, I ended up trying to get most of this Hungarian band’s discography.
25. Lee Hyori featuring Beenzino – Love Radar [YouTube]
24. Sarah Jarosz – Fuel the Fire
Amy, why does a latino Asian girl like you listen to folk / americana / bluegrass / country? When I was a ten-year-old Napster user, I don’t know what attracted me to any of those genres, but they always give me the feels. In a world of stage performers, it’s their lyrics and content that I like the most- at least in the English music world.
Or maybe it’s the reverse of how white people see locations not their own as “exotic” xD Such genres are so white, they feel sorta exotic to listen to me.
23. Natalie Maines – Free Life [YouTube]
20. Laura Mvula – Green Garden [YouTube]