ARTICLE

One of Ghost’s 2011 in Movies//

posted Tuesday, December 13th, 2011
by | Comments (13)

I was going to title this Ghost’s 2011 in Movies, but then I remembered the time Amy told me I wasn’t the only one using the Ghost account.

Somewhere in my cold-cold heart, I feel hurt.

Following Amy’s 2011 in Movies, here are my picks of 2011 films.

If Only You Had Been High
Your Highness

Runner-up: Sucker Punch

Best for Fishing [1]
The Tree of Life

Who Does THAT Moment

Bailee Madison picking up strangers’ teeth in Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark.

Worst On-Screen Chemistry

Freida Pinto with anything in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Immortals, and the bonus: You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger.

You Wish You Were, But Not Really

Justin Timberlake in In Time, Bad Teacher and Friends with Benefits.

The Man

Ryan Gosling in Drive, The Ides of March and Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Butt Shot of the Year

Sorry, no screencaps found or pictures.

Rachel McAdams’ on Midnight in Paris.

I Did Not Expect That Moment

Ellen Page raping The Crimson Bolt and ultimate demise in Super.

Biggest Bitch

Bryce Dallas Howard in The Help and 50/50.

Crazy Bitch

Emma Roberts in Scream 4 [1].

Boss You Wish You Had

Gong Li on What Women Want.

Boss You Wish You Didn’t Have

All bosses — yes, including Jennifer Aniston — in Horrible Bosses.

Maybe it Really Did Happen

Trolls really do exist in TrollHunter.

Oh, A Tear Moment

Alan Rickman on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II

Biggest Surprise

Who knew Sunny, the total Korean chick flick, would actually NOT SUCK? Not only does it not suck, it’s actually really good. Among all the saccharine, there’s also enough swearing and enough  violence to surprise you.

COMMENTS & TRACKBACKS

Rodrigo said:
on Wednesday, December 14th, 2011

Ryan Gosling for “The Man”… what about Michael Fassbender?

[Reply]

yam magazine Reply:

@Rodrigo, that’s probably a nudge towards this post. LOL

[Reply]

Rodrigo Reply:

@yam magazine, Oh, that.

Gosling is a really great actor, but I wanna see how he would fare in his current state against a shitty film and/or shitty actors. Maybe that should be an interesting topic to talk about one day.

[Reply]

amy Reply:

@Rodrigo, Gosling has made some “bad” films though. All Good Things last year with Kirsten Dunst wasn’t that good, but it wasn’t due to them. Fracture also wasn’t that well received but he fared well… lol

He even made Nicholas Sparks material a near 8/10 rating in IMDb LOL – I always wondered if The Notebook would be as epic as it was without Gosling and McAdams. xD Can’t remember… have you seen The Notebook?

Rodrigo Reply:

@amy, Haven’t seen Notebook. But it seems that even in the “bad” stuff he worked on, he fared well.

amy said:
on Wednesday, December 14th, 2011

Everyone is talking about the McAdams butt on that. I remember it having its own post on IMDb. Hahaha. I wonder why I couldn’t find any single capture of it for this post, though. The DVD is out, right?

[Reply]

Camiele said:
on Thursday, December 15th, 2011

I just don’t think Justin Timberlake should be in movies at all. I mean, I’m old enough to remember him from the Mickey Mouse Club…not much has changed since those days (he still ACTS like he did on the MMC…really, folks?)

Though I’ve not seen What Women Want, Gong Li looks like one of the baddest bitches in the world. I’ll see it just for the screencap that’s on this blog…HaHa.

[Reply]

Diandra Rodriguez Reply:

@Camiele, I’m making the same decision about What Women Want. Plus I’ve liked Gong Li in other things. But yeah, that picture.

[Reply]

ghost said:
on Sunday, December 18th, 2011

@amy, DVD is out this Tuesday, but a screener has been available online. There should have been at least a GIF about it by now.

@Camiele, it seems like three different camps on whether Justin can act. There’s the camp that thinks he can’t, then there’s the other camp who think he should be getting an oscar or something.

The rest fall in the middle.

Still surprised he’s been called by the Cohen’s for his next film… as if he could act.

[Reply]

Camiele Reply:

@ghost, Damn…are people REALLY aching for cash THAT badly…?!

[Reply]

amy Reply:

@Camiele, maybe it’s a joke? xD Or maybe Justin pays his way into films… who knows. It wouldn’t be weird.

[Reply]

Camiele Reply:

@amy, You’re absolutely right about that. Just…people shouldn’t put certain people in films…HaHa.

ghost said:
on Sunday, December 18th, 2011

@camiele + amy, there’s THAT rumor where people said even the crew knows he can’t act, but the production company still gives him roles. Then again, that’s… just a rumor. Hollywood rumors on the age of the internet!

[Reply]