Amy’s Top50 Songs of 2012
40. Mr. – Once in a Lifetime (人一世物一世)
It seems like… the Hong Kong music scene is also reviving itself! Say whatever you wanna say about indie acts, but as a person you gotta be happy when bands find a label and are able to make a comfortable living.
A few indie Hong Kong acts have found themselves with record deals this year. :)
Also… Mr. is a ridiculous name to name your band. It’s impossible to Google.
39. Dirty Projectors – About to Die [YouTube]
38. Christina Aguilera – Casa de mi Padre
The audio is crap in that intro, so here’s the audio [YouTube]. But it is as it was intended with the Casa de mi Padre visuals. Oh, Christina, why did you have to come out with that horrid Lotus album, when you can be so much better than that?
37. Florence + the Machine – Breath of Life 
36. Emily Wells – Becomes the Color
35. Fiona Apple – Daredevil [Xiami]
34. Mumford & Sons – I Will Wait 
33. B.A.P – Power
From all the new music that came out, only this year, from South Korea… I really dug how aggressive B.A.P’s Power came out sounding, and there’s even a spray break sequence, like WHO CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA?
I thought it was very pop-dance, rock-rap of itself. xD
You can get the 4-track mini-album on iTunes.
32. Foodie – Red Flash [Soundcloud]
31. Missy Elliot featuring Dr. Dre – 9th Inning [YouTube]
It’s the year of aggressive tracks, alright xD
You newcomers better sit back and take notes
This here my time
Here I come, better run, take what’s mine