In Burlesque, Christina Aguilera plays small town girl Ali, heading to Los Angeles to become a singer. She ends up waiting tables at a place called Burlesque, where lightly clad dancers lip-sync to sexy numbers, and big boss Tess (Cher) struggles behind the scenes to keep her club afloat.
Archive for film reviews//
Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard bring us The Cabin in the Woods, an addition to the horror genre that is part masterpiece and part commentary.
In 2009, Ugandan politician David Bahati introduced a draconian bill that would make homosexuality in the country punishable by death. Moreover, anyone who knowingly harbored a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender person — or “kuchu” — would also be held criminally accountable.
It’s election time! A race for votes at any cost…
Candy Rain is a collection of short pieces that revolve around a group of Taiwanese women who happened to be attracted to women. Neither of the stories deal specifically with the coming out process, important times in our lifespan, or deals with social order.
Captain America: The First Avenger is a fun and captivating film – reminding us that comic-book movies can be great, rather than just plain good.
Carancho tells the story of Sosa, a lawyer specialized in traffic accidents in Buenos Aires. Thanks to the corrupt system and insurance companies, he makes a living out of family victims, but one night he meets a young ER doctor.
Polanski’s Carnage is a dark comedy armed with some extremely sharp writing.
Casa de mi Padre is the story of Armando Alvarez, a small-eyed with a somewhat impediment ranchero, whose relationship with his father reaches a low point when Armando’s little brother Raul arrives with his future wife, Sonia, with the plan of taking over Onza’s drug control zone.
MOST POPULAR ITEMS
- 2011 – LGBT Blogathon
- Kpop in Europe
- 2012 – LGBT Blogathon
- YAM contest: Win a JYJ “The Beginning” album!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- Who are the Reigning Queen and Princess of Pop?
- Sunny (Korean Film)
- YAM’s Top15 Films of 2011
- Why I Love Korean Cinema
- The Journey of a Cassie Part Two – The List Pt. 5
- Namie Amuro feat. Yamashita Tomohisa – Unusual
- Editor’s Chatroom: TV Shows, Better When They’re Short?
- YAM Contest: The World in my Eyes by SingerSen
- Laure Shang – Nightmare
- Interview: Eden Baylee
Who is your reigning Queen or Princess of Pop? [choose up to 5]
- Lady Gaga (29%, 73 Votes)
- Beyonce (28%, 70 Votes)
- BoA (25%, 62 Votes)
- Hyori Lee (23%, 58 Votes)
- Ayumi Hamasaki (22%, 55 Votes)
- None/Another [add a comment] (17%, 44 Votes)
- Rihanna (16%, 41 Votes)
- Christina Aguilera (15%, 37 Votes)
- Namie Amuro (13%, 33 Votes)
- Shakira (12%, 31 Votes)
- Katy Perry (12%, 29 Votes)
- Koda Kumi (10%, 24 Votes)
- HyunA (6%, 16 Votes)
- Jolin Tsai (5%, 13 Votes)
- Elva Hsiao (5%, 12 Votes)
- Son Dam Bi (4%, 9 Votes)
- Nicki MInaj (3%, 8 Votes)
- Meisa Kuroki (2%, 6 Votes)
- Belinda (2%, 6 Votes)
- Joey Yung (2%, 6 Votes)
- Anahi (2%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 252