Now in its 4th year, the Turner Classic Movies Classic Film Festival is a whirlwind celebration of classic cinema spread throughout four jam-packed days.
Items Tagged year: 1970//
blog/A Personal Look at the TCM Classic Film Festival 2013
posted Tuesday, April 30th, 2013
by Cinema Fanatic | Comments (1)
This was my third year at the TCM Classic Film Festival and I swear it gets better every year.
The 90s were full of fun, engaging and sometimes bizarre animation, all which was meant for “children”. My personal favorites were mostly attached to two major networks that were born (or re-born) in the early 90s: Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. Let me start with the FUN.
Trick or Treat! Or we’ll treat you just the same because we might be overloaded with enough sugar and love to share our love for music and *cough* movies all the same.
I am a Banana. To rephrase that: I was one for about 17 years of my life. A series of posts on my journey discovering Asian entertainment.
Love is beautiful and easy. Those who’ve managed to discover that beauty have put it in song and given us even more reason to search for our heart’s mate in another.
The Art of Walt Disney was a book released back in 1973 chronicling what was, then, Walt Disney’s animation legacy. As the years have gone by, they’ve been re-releasing the book with some updated information — after these many years, the book is massive.
Black Power Mixtape is an educational masterpiece in the world of documentaries that gives us general perspectives of the Black Power Movement as well as specific delineations of strong characters within.
MOST POPULAR ITEMS
- 2011 – LGBT Blogathon
- Kpop in Europe
- 2012 – LGBT Blogathon
- YAM contest: Win a JYJ “The Beginning” album!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- Who are the Reigning Queen and Princess of Pop?
- Sunny (Korean Film)
- YAM’s Top15 Films of 2011
- Why I Love Korean Cinema
- The Journey of a Cassie Part Two – The List Pt. 5
- Namie Amuro feat. Yamashita Tomohisa – Unusual
- Editor’s Chatroom: TV Shows, Better When They’re Short?
- YAM Contest: The World in my Eyes by SingerSen
- Laure Shang – Nightmare
- Interview: Eden Baylee
Who is your reigning Queen or Princess of Pop? [choose up to 5]
- Lady Gaga (29%, 73 Votes)
- Beyonce (28%, 70 Votes)
- BoA (25%, 62 Votes)
- Hyori Lee (23%, 58 Votes)
- Ayumi Hamasaki (22%, 55 Votes)
- None/Another [add a comment] (17%, 44 Votes)
- Rihanna (16%, 41 Votes)
- Christina Aguilera (15%, 37 Votes)
- Namie Amuro (13%, 33 Votes)
- Shakira (12%, 31 Votes)
- Katy Perry (12%, 29 Votes)
- Koda Kumi (10%, 24 Votes)
- HyunA (6%, 16 Votes)
- Jolin Tsai (5%, 13 Votes)
- Elva Hsiao (5%, 12 Votes)
- Son Dam Bi (4%, 9 Votes)
- Nicki MInaj (3%, 8 Votes)
- Meisa Kuroki (2%, 6 Votes)
- Belinda (2%, 6 Votes)
- Joey Yung (2%, 6 Votes)
- Anahi (2%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 252