Sa Dingding – Harmony
Release date: January 26, 2010
Label: Universal Music
- 天地記 (Ha Ha Lili) [MV]
- 綠衣女孩 (Girl in a Green Dress)
- 自由行走的花 (Hua) [MV]
- 石榴女人 (Pomegranate Woman) / Mandarin + Yi Language
- 藍色駿馬 (Blue Horse)
- 云云南南 (Yun Yun Nan Nan) / Self-created Language
- 快樂節 (Xi Carnival) / Sanskrit
- 小樹和大樹 (Little Tree/Big Tree)
- 幸運日 (Lucky Day) / English
- 希然寧泊–自省‧心經 (Xi Ran Ning Po – Introspection) / Self-created Language + Mantra
- 天地記 (Ha Ha Lili) (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
If there’s interesting talent coming out of contemporary Chinese art, Sa Dingding leads the pack with Chinese folk electronic music. She grew up a nomad, travelling around eastern China with her family until they arrived in Beijing, and was signed to Universal.
Dingding’s sophomore album contains pieces dealing with self-discovery, mantras and sutras with classical Chinese instruments and electronic beats. It even includes a remix with electronic favorite Paul Oakenfold, and the talent of music producer Marius de Vries (Rufus Wainwright, Madonna, Moulin Rouge!).
No wonder the album topped iTunes World Music downloads in some countries.
Highlights: Ha Ha Lili, Hua, Pomegranate Woman, Xi Ran Ning Bo