Block B – Tell Them

And Korea keeps on spitting out some great tracks. It is, for sure, a great Kpop summer! This time around it’s rookies Block B that came out with the MV for their single Tell Me (가서 전해).

It’s mainstream perfection, yet it has some other sounds going on. Feels a little like an 80s rap song in some parts. How did they manage to get so many sounds  to mesh so well in one track?

For now Block B is, for sure, one of the better newcomers to the Korean music scene. Their debut single was really good and this is really good. I am, for now, impressed and will therefore look forward to more stuff from them.

Can I ask for a collaboration with 2NE1? Or that Zico and CL get together and create magic? Those two need to get together and create amazing, beautiful, fierce music babies!

Julyssa

Music is all I do: I work in music, I write about music, I listen to music.

12 Responses

1. amy says:

Wait, what? Which one is the official channel? Loen Entertainment?

• Julili says:

@amy, They both are, brandnewstardom is Block B’s official utube, Loen is their distributor. Why Loen is uploading videos as well, besides the ones on the artists official channels, is beyond me

• amy says:

@Julili, yeah – they should pick one or the other. It’s a similar problem with the f(x) hot summer one. Even worse is that fans are re-uploading the videos, so it’s all splitting.

I really liked this song btw. xD

2. Emelie says:

Don’t know if you’ve heard but heechul and jungmo has formed a project group called M&D and made a new song called close your mouth. Just thought you should know.

• Julili says:

Hi! Thank you for thinking of me with that information. I have seen the MV but decided not to post it here because it was really not that much. The song is fine but the MV was really meh…

• Dani says:

@Julili, lol I love you

• Julili says:

@Dani, Heechul may be my god but I’m not about to accept just about anything from him. He got to direct that MV and that is all he could come up with? I am mad disappointed. Love that he and Jungmo are working together, Heechul is a rock baby so it’s great to see him do more of what he loves.

• Emelie says:

@Julili, I hadn’t seen the MV when I posted this just thought you should hear the song so, but you’re so right about that!

3. Dani says:

What made me really happy about this song as that there’s less of a similarity between P.O and TOP, so people can finally shut up about that -_-

The collaboration with 2NE1? Yeeeaaaah, I don’t know about that. They both have a very rough and “in your face” kind of sound and style, but Block B is more….clean (?) in it’s sound whereas 2NE1 rely a lot on autotune and just plain noise (DISCLAIMER: not complaining) so I don’t know how that would work out. If anything I’d like them to work with someone who has a completely different style than them, like A Pink, just for the lulz of the contrast.

• Julili says:

@Dani, Stop putting A Pink with Block B…
      If anything I wanna see Zico and CL rap it out, can you imagine them doing something like “The Leaders” FUUUCK YEAH I JIZZ IN MY PANTS.

In my eyes P.O is a freaky clone

1. July 23, 2014

[…] single, Freeze! (그대로 멈춰라!) [MV], to their other great singles such as Tell Them [MV], and now with their latest one NanrinA, Block B is a group that stands out in the Korean music […]