Top 10 Britney Spears Music Videos

3. (You Drive Me) Crazy

Eat this, haters.

Britney was at the top of her game in her bubblegum pop days, bold colors, and killer sync dancing — Wade Robson, is that you? — in this music video directed by Nigel Dick.

Plus, the video, which was the theme for Drive Me Crazy (eek!), avoids showing scenes from the movie and stands on its own. You don’t even need to know it’s from a movie if you don’t want to.

2. Everytime

For those who don’t know, David LaChapelle is an awesome photographer, famous for his use of color for some of the most wicked surreal celebrity portraits. His music videography includes work for The Dandy Warhols, Moby, Elton John, No Doubt, Christina Aguilera, and The Vines, which more often than not are more gritty than surreal — he is to blame for getting Christina Aguilera all Dirrrty.

In Everytime, we get to see one of the most serious and heavy-handed Britney Spears music videos that we will probably ever get. It’s not about silly jabs at the paparazzi like in some of her other videos. It’s possibly the most real Britney we will see on screen.

Ghost Writer

Here. There. Everywhere. Punished soul that usually watches what nobody wants, but sometimes gets lucky.

15 Responses

1. Rodrigo says:

“Britney also creates magic whenever she’s worked with Francis Lawrence — who recently did his film feature debut with Water for Elephants.”

His debut as a movie director took place with Constantine. Just saying.

2. Castor says:

Britney Spears was fun until she made that transition from “bubblegum” teen-pop sensation to the highly-sexualized, semi-psychotic pop star she became after her first couple hits. Yea, it didn’t last long.

• ghost says:

@Castor, I think she reached psychotic levels after being taken in the ambulance, don’t you think?

• amy says:

@Castor, I remember that day she got married in Vegas. LOL It was a shock to my roommate at the time and me, it was all downhill from there xD

3. Julili says:

Oh! I approve of this list!
    I’m A Slave 4 U is turning 10? are u fucking kidding me? I refuse to be that old….

• amy says:

@Julili, so freaking depressing, isn’t it? That the single is turning ten, and that younger female pop idols have tried the formula but never quite got it.

4. ghost says:

Also to note:
    Dave Meyers, you make some boring music videos. Only Pink can make you look good.

• amy says:

@ghost, how about Missy Elliot =(

Ok, yeah – Dave Meyers has that literal thing, which is kinda boring. But I kinda like his wicked sense of humor… in – okay – Pink videos. LOL Okay, you got a point.

5. Jay says:

I. LOVE. NEW. BRITNEY. Just saying. Although I totally totally totally agree with the #1. Slave is her BEST video ever… probably in her lifetime. I don’t see how she can top that.

But I’m surprised we don’t have the postmodern art-flash of Hold It Against Me! The director’s cut removed all the annoying product placement, and lengthened scenes, so things didn’t look too… confusing.

• amy says:

@Jay, how would you rate her latest 3 videos?

• Jay says:

@amy, LOVE the concept of Hold It Against Me, very postmodern chic, but hate the dead eyes. LOVE the energy of Till The World Ends, not a fan of the direction and that post apocalyptic theme was too Ke$ha. LOVE LOVE LOVE I Wanna Go, a lot, no dead eyes, very personable and cute!

• amy says:

@Jay, the last video I really liked was Circus. The only thing that irked me about that video was the blatant cutting to a middle shot whenever Britney was supposed to be dancing.