The Fangirly Diary of a Geek Girl: The sound I made was not human

WEDNESDAY

Yay! New Wreck-it-Ralph clip, this time featuring the bad guys! I’m glad you can’t see the silly grin on my face.

We have a Kick-Ass 2 official plot synopsis. And reading it all, I couldn’t help but LOL at this part:

Unfortunately, when Mindy is busted for sneaking out as Hit Girl, she’s forced to retire—leaving her to navigate the terrifying world of high-school mean girls on her own.

Also, apparently Jim Carrey’s character is Colonel Stars and Stripes, so I guess he will get a mix-up of Colonel Stars and Lieutenant Stripes.

Tony Stark is a total tease! Promises a sneak preview if the Iron Man 3 Facebook page gets enough likes!

Also, if you were wondering where James Rhodes/War Machine was during The Avengers, here’s the comic for you!

Rhodey also got featured as Iron Patriot in new Iron Man 3 promo art.

Finally a friend sent me a link of OOC cosplayers at New York Comic Con. The pictures are quite cool!

THURSDAY

We have new character posters for Django Unchained:

Christoph Waltz’s poster is bigger here because it was smaller in the link and it appeases my sense of fairness~

We almost had a new Gandalf for The Hobbit! Thank gods, Ian McKellen did it for the fans. Also, LOL at the shade at the end of the article:

So in a world of ‘Bettanys’ and ‘Weavings’ remember that there are a few McKellen’s out there doing it for the fans.

Damn, we’ll get The Avenger sequel AND the long-awaited Justice League movie on 2015! Epic Marvel vs. DC fight! The fandom wars will be something to behold.

We get Iron Man 3 full synopsis and it already makes me angsty.

Does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

My Tony feels are already on overdrive. Oh please, Shane Black, don’t f*ck it up!

mirella

YAM Magazine geek resident. Cloud Cuckoolander. Seldom web developer. Graphic designer.

7 Responses

1. amy says:

In theoryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, the world can’t end because then we wouldn’t be able to watch Amy and Tina hosting, no? xD

The biggest obstacle for Justice League is that… well, Marvel spent years and movies to make The Avengers. It’s gonna be hard to top unless JL goes very left-field and not tries to be all hip and funny action movie coz then, everyone’s gonna compare it not only with A2 but with Avengers in general. I mean, I don’t follow comic fandom much but the TDKR comments at the Avengers forums and viceversa were nuts. Nerds can be so bitter about things.

• mirella says:

@amy, Fanboys fights give me life. I always eat snacks and drink soda when I spot a fandom war… it’s so entertaining XD Specially when they descent to ad hominen insults… some people can be really creative when insulting!

• Rodrigo says:

@amy, With Justice League, they’ll need to build up the rest of the heroes and put them at least close to the popularity of Batman and Superman. Those two stand out strong because of how they work well individually, so there needs to be a way for everything to gel, and it won’t be easy. Also, their current candidates for directing this aren’t appealing to me.

• mirella says:

@Rodrigo, There’s no time for that if they want the movie for 2015. They should just make a movie with the script done by those in charge of the Justice League animation films… or maybe a movie based on the New 52s storylines.

2. amy says:

Also… Doctor Who – you know the ghastly abandoned but not so abandoned huacas would be perfect scenarios for Doctor Who stuff. Heck, even a La Chola Chabuca cameo would make perfect sense in that show. LOL

• mirella says:

@amy, There’s so much material for Doctor Who goodness in Peru! That said, I would have those badly done Doctor Who TV reports the local news will make. Ugh.

3. Camiele says:

…Hmmm… STILL don’t know how I feel about Spike Lee’s Oldboy. After all, it’s the film that got me started in my Korean film culture fix. I’m kind of a little bit close to the film… HaHA. Of course, it’s Spike Lee, so I’ll have to give it a chance by virtue of that fact. I’ll just have to get myself ready for next year, then.

I just hope they don’t make it some Halloween extravaganza type thing. Doing it for Saw is one thing. Doing it for Oldboy would be sort of offensive. But anyway… HaHA.