Amy’s Top50 Songs of 2017
Continuing with my traditional End of the Year lists— following the recent publication of my Music Highlights; you’ll see -as it is already customary- a lot of crossover picks. After all, good albums usually have some good tracks.
As I told you before, I had been listening to a lot of music this year; and it was apparent as I gathered my tracks (in near-OCD neatly organized iTunes playlists) that I was going to have trouble cutting my list to 50 clean picks. So as it happened last year, I got a bit of cheating to do. LOL Mostly Kpop cheating.
Some observations~ If I count all Asian (East Asian, South Asian) music, this list is gonna be 75% Asian music (last year it was 86%); and of that, 8% is South Asian music (16% last year), which seems to have taken a seat this year. If I hadn’t Kpop cheated, those would’ve been the 16% extra, which doesn’t count the Korean tracks that DID make the list. And of the extra 15% of Western music, 8% is Latino, which is 100% increase in the list. LOL
Let’s start off with the cheating~
A special Kpop list, which contains a couple of earlier tracks that were slowly dropping down my list, but was not ready to let go so easy. In the end, I grabbed some other tracks that hadn’t drop of the main list just to manage to squeeze in more.
- S.E.S – Paradise (한 폭의 그림) [MV]
- Luna + Hani + Solar – Honey Bee [MV]
- GFRIEND (여자친구) – Fingertip [MV]
- B.A.P – Wake Me Up [MV]
- Unnies – Right? (맞지?) [MV]
- Girls Next Door (옆집소녀) – Deep Blue Eyes
- G-Dragon – INTRO. 권지용 Middle Fingers-Up
- Girls’ Generation (소녀시대) – All Night
- HA:TFELT (핫펠트) – Read Me (나란 책)
- Sonamoo (소나무) – I (Knew It)
- Kiggen (키겐) featuring Solar – Cloudy (흐림)
- Super Junior (슈퍼주니어) – Good Day for a Good Day
- Block B (블락비) – Shall We Dance
- Red Velvet (레드벨벳) – I Just
- Heechul x Eunhyuk x Shindong x Solar – Charm of Life (짬에서 나오는 바이브)
Oh, hey. I think you can see my bias showing. xD
So let’s get this party started~~~
As it is customary— there’s links to playlists at the bottom of the last page.