Proudly Latinasian NorCal American.
I'll try any media from anywhere if the story or style piques my interest. I understand Spanish better than I speak it, and muddle through other Latinate languages. Working towards intermediate-level Japanese, improving my Tagalog skills, and learning basic Norwegian and Irish.
Supports Arsenal, the San Jose Earthquakes, and the US men's and women's teams. Rambles about film noir in the dark hours of the morning. Takes very amateur photos of cooking experiments and nature. One of the rare few who enjoy running.
More about this author:
- My Recommendations
- A Life in Movies
- 2011 Media Highlights
- Classic Film Faces Movie Alphabet
- 2012 in New Music
- 2012 Media Highlights
- Five Favorite Classic Cinematographers
- Top 20 Music Moments of 2013
- book features/Reading in a Second Language
posted Monday, March 12th, 2012
- tv reviews/Hannibal – Season 1
posted Saturday, June 29th, 2013
- tv reviews/Boardwalk Empire – Season 2
posted Sunday, January 1st, 2012
- blog/Diandra’s Top 20 Music Moments of 2013
posted Tuesday, December 24th, 2013
- book reviews/Seth Grahame-Smith – Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
posted Tuesday, February 21st, 2012
- tv reviews/Lizzie Bennet Diaries, The
posted Monday, November 26th, 2012
- blog/Diandra’s 2011 Media Highlights
posted Thursday, December 29th, 2011
- film reviews/Tabu (2012)
posted Thursday, December 27th, 2012
- book reviews/John le Carré – Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
posted Monday, August 8th, 2011
- blog/How was your Olympics?
posted Friday, August 17th, 2012