Hana and Alice are best friends, but what happens when growing up and falling in love gets in the way?
Items Tagged shunji iwai//
It’s always good to get the chance to see Nakayama Miho. I Have to Buy New Shoes (or Atarashii Kutsu wo Kawanakucha, 新しい靴を買わなくちゃ) follows a freelance writer and a photographer who fall in love in three days in the city of Paris.
film features/The Banana Guide to Asian Entertainment: It’s All About Japan: Part III
posted Tuesday, May 29th, 2012
by amy | Comments (9)
Greetings, YAMMies! We are on the third part of my Japanese entertainment journey of a series on the Banana views on Asian entertainment.
Love Letter is Shunji Iwai’s first feature length film, and it’s a quintessential Asian romance — scratch that, Love Letter is a classic of the genre.
features/The Banana Guide to Asian Entertainment: It’s All About Japan: Part I
posted Tuesday, May 15th, 2012
by amy | Comments (1)
The part in which we talk about that one Jdrama, that one movie and that one actress.
My latest post on Asian movies that should be released in Peru by local distributors is up on Cinencuentro.
Amy’s Life in Movies
Ahhh… how we don’t really care about Valentine’s Day, especially when our selection of films at the cinema contains such vapid productions as the unoriginally titled Valentine’s Day last year. But there’s something for everyone… and here are five picks~
Bandage is directed by Takeshi Kobayashi… who produces great music. Alas, Bandage is not that great of a story or have great characters, but it’s got pretty good music.
Well, we’ve got reviews for Bright Star, Nine, Princess and the Frog, New York I Love You, Anvil: The Story of Anvil, Sa Dingding’s sophomore album Harmony, SNSD, 2AM, Mosquito-voice Kim JongKook, Modern Family, Nurse Jackie and more!
Plus! We’ve got articles on the direction of Chinese Pop music, our list of actresses that should get a cable show, and our picks that should have been Best Picture nominees at the Academy Awards.
MOST POPULAR ITEMS
- 2011 – LGBT Blogathon
- Kpop in Europe
- 2012 – LGBT Blogathon
- YAM contest: Win a JYJ “The Beginning” album!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- Who are the Reigning Queen and Princess of Pop?
- Sunny (Korean Film)
- YAM’s Top15 Films of 2011
- Why I Love Korean Cinema
- The Journey of a Cassie Part Two – The List Pt. 5
- Namie Amuro feat. Yamashita Tomohisa – Unusual
- Editor’s Chatroom: TV Shows, Better When They’re Short?
- YAM Contest: The World in my Eyes by SingerSen
- Laure Shang – Nightmare
- Interview: Eden Baylee
Who is your reigning Queen or Princess of Pop? [choose up to 5]
- Lady Gaga (29%, 73 Votes)
- Beyonce (28%, 70 Votes)
- BoA (25%, 62 Votes)
- Hyori Lee (23%, 58 Votes)
- Ayumi Hamasaki (22%, 55 Votes)
- None/Another [add a comment] (17%, 44 Votes)
- Rihanna (16%, 41 Votes)
- Christina Aguilera (15%, 37 Votes)
- Namie Amuro (13%, 33 Votes)
- Shakira (12%, 31 Votes)
- Katy Perry (12%, 29 Votes)
- Koda Kumi (10%, 24 Votes)
- HyunA (6%, 16 Votes)
- Jolin Tsai (5%, 13 Votes)
- Elva Hsiao (5%, 12 Votes)
- Son Dam Bi (4%, 9 Votes)
- Nicki MInaj (3%, 8 Votes)
- Meisa Kuroki (2%, 6 Votes)
- Belinda (2%, 6 Votes)
- Joey Yung (2%, 6 Votes)
- Anahi (2%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 252