Nina Sky are now bobbing their new pixie cuts and rolling with the New York indie hip-hop scene. Do they still hold up against their classic grindfest, Move Ya Body?
Archive for music reviews//
Nneka’s Soul is Heavy is split between the socio-political arc that her previous albums have taken and the ever-present heartache of love.
High Tension is full of fast paced songs that will, ironically, help relieve your tensions as you listen. I’m happy to add another hard hitting No Brain album to my collection of music I can listen to when I need energy.
music reviews/Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
posted Wednesday, October 26th, 2011
by Rodrigo | Comments (2)
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds is actually great to listen to due to its consistent quality on all the tracks.
Rookie group One Way bring back the R&B and Hip-Hop sound that has been absent from the Kpop music scene.
Speed is his forte and this mini-album is as fast as his lips. Outsider comes back after a long hiatus and he puts some well deserved light on the Korean rap scene.
The Truth About Love seems like a place where Pink has been comfortably sitting since 2006. It may be easy to digest music, designed to grab a generation younger than Pink’s core, ready to reach #1 on popularity charts, but as an album part of her discography, it leaves much to be desired.
Up, Guards and at ‘Em!, the third album by Leeds-based The Pigeon Detectives, is a fairly underwhelming record with no memorable moments to make it worthwhile. With strong competition in the post punk revival/guitar rock scene, The Pigeon Detectives need to step up their game if they want to stay relevant.
The Piggy Dolls have returned, releasing their first full-length album. Leaving aside weight and concept issues, Piggy Dolls is a great group. Their vocals put them miles ahead of their competition in today’s idol world.
In a world filled with rail thin idols competing with one another to have the best “s-line,” a refreshing new group has debuted in South Korea. Piggy Dolls is a three-member vocal unit that makes most of the girl groups out today sound like singing chipmunks.
MOST POPULAR ITEMS
- 2011 – LGBT Blogathon
- Kpop in Europe
- 2012 – LGBT Blogathon
- YAM contest: Win a JYJ “The Beginning” album!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- Who are the Reigning Queen and Princess of Pop?
- Sunny (Korean Film)
- YAM’s Top15 Films of 2011
- Why I Love Korean Cinema
- The Journey of a Cassie Part Two – The List Pt. 5
- Namie Amuro feat. Yamashita Tomohisa – Unusual
- Editor’s Chatroom: TV Shows, Better When They’re Short?
- YAM Contest: The World in my Eyes by SingerSen
- Laure Shang – Nightmare
- Interview: Eden Baylee
Who is your reigning Queen or Princess of Pop? [choose up to 5]
- Lady Gaga (29%, 73 Votes)
- Beyonce (28%, 70 Votes)
- BoA (25%, 62 Votes)
- Hyori Lee (23%, 58 Votes)
- Ayumi Hamasaki (22%, 55 Votes)
- None/Another [add a comment] (17%, 44 Votes)
- Rihanna (16%, 41 Votes)
- Christina Aguilera (15%, 37 Votes)
- Namie Amuro (13%, 33 Votes)
- Shakira (12%, 31 Votes)
- Katy Perry (12%, 29 Votes)
- Koda Kumi (10%, 24 Votes)
- HyunA (6%, 16 Votes)
- Jolin Tsai (5%, 13 Votes)
- Elva Hsiao (5%, 12 Votes)
- Son Dam Bi (4%, 9 Votes)
- Nicki MInaj (3%, 8 Votes)
- Meisa Kuroki (2%, 6 Votes)
- Belinda (2%, 6 Votes)
- Joey Yung (2%, 6 Votes)
- Anahi (2%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 252