Laure Shang swifts through genres with ease as she continues exploring pop with electronic sounds, as well as going through a softer version of hard rock, ethnic tones, new wave and blues.
Archive for music reviews//
2006 Super Girl winner Laure Shang (Shang Wenjie) releases her fourth album, in which she continues her exploration of electronic pop in English and French, being aptly named the Lady Gaga from China.
The Queen of Kpop is back after a chunky 2010 comeback, but Monochrome brings her back in better shape than ever, making the wait for the album all the more satisfying.
On Heartbeat, LeeHom continues his departure from R&B and Hip-Hop sounds and plays more with rocking electric guitars and a Rock&Roll flare.
As far as first singles go, LeeSa’s Blackout is really well done.
If I could have background music in real life, Lenka’s songs would certainly be a constant. It has a free spirited feeling to it. This is what I love about the album TWO.
Pixie pop songstress meets Toronto electro-scene meets dubstep. Does LIGHTS’ Siberia add up properly, or is a messy mish-mash of trendiness?
They’re acting like it’s still 1999, despite how music has changed over the years.
Linda Liao’s return to music, after seven years away from it, comes in the form of Love Presents, a ten-track pop album prominently talking about love.
The Catalyst takes a big risk by not using the traditional verse-chorus-verse structure, instead picking every single idea they’ve had for the past three years and putting them into something that may sound like a concept album… or not.
MOST POPULAR ITEMS
- 2011 – LGBT Blogathon
- Kpop in Europe
- 2012 – LGBT Blogathon
- YAM contest: Win a JYJ “The Beginning” album!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- Who are the Reigning Queen and Princess of Pop?
- Sunny (Korean Film)
- YAM’s Top15 Films of 2011
- Why I Love Korean Cinema
- The Journey of a Cassie Part Two – The List Pt. 5
- Namie Amuro feat. Yamashita Tomohisa – Unusual
- Editor’s Chatroom: TV Shows, Better When They’re Short?
- YAM Contest: The World in my Eyes by SingerSen
- Laure Shang – Nightmare
- Interview: Eden Baylee
Who is your reigning Queen or Princess of Pop? [choose up to 5]
- Lady Gaga (29%, 73 Votes)
- Beyonce (28%, 70 Votes)
- BoA (25%, 62 Votes)
- Hyori Lee (23%, 58 Votes)
- Ayumi Hamasaki (22%, 55 Votes)
- None/Another [add a comment] (17%, 44 Votes)
- Rihanna (16%, 41 Votes)
- Christina Aguilera (15%, 37 Votes)
- Namie Amuro (13%, 33 Votes)
- Shakira (12%, 31 Votes)
- Katy Perry (12%, 29 Votes)
- Koda Kumi (10%, 24 Votes)
- HyunA (6%, 16 Votes)
- Jolin Tsai (5%, 13 Votes)
- Elva Hsiao (5%, 12 Votes)
- Son Dam Bi (4%, 9 Votes)
- Nicki MInaj (3%, 8 Votes)
- Meisa Kuroki (2%, 6 Votes)
- Belinda (2%, 6 Votes)
- Joey Yung (2%, 6 Votes)
- Anahi (2%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 252