Be Like Others is an interesting documentary that sheds some light into Iran’s stand on transsexuality, which lets individuals that want to change their gender get operated, opening a whole new can of worms.
Archive for film reviews//
Benh Zeitlin’s debut isn’t quite the masterpiece that everyone makes it out to be, but instead a mixed bag of good and bad ideas helped along by solid performances.
Beautiful Boxer is based on the true life story of model/actress Parinya Charoenphol, a Muay Thai champion who was born a boy. Parinya Charoenphol’s struggle to become what she is today is what makes this film worth a watch.
Beauty and the Beast is a 20-year-old picture. You can feel old now.
For the past two years of his life, Walter has been in a deep depression until he meets The Beaver and begins talking through it.
The sheer emotion that Mike Mills delivers with Beginners is impressive, providing us with a small and simple film that will leave many touched and hoping for their own beginnings to work out for the best.
Honoré’s second musical proves to be a disappointing, but colorful romantic journey that spans multiple decades.
Ben-Hur still stands on its own greatness after over 50 years.
Peter Strickland’s surreal throwback to Italian horror cinema makes for an interesting watch with impeccable sound work.
Bernie is not only a career highlight for Jack Black, but it also benefits from having great direction and screenwriting thanks to Richard Linklater, who successfully balances the mockumentary format, Bernie Tiede’s story and the black comedy elements with good results.
MOST POPULAR ITEMS
- 2011 – LGBT Blogathon
- Kpop in Europe
- 2012 – LGBT Blogathon
- YAM contest: Win a JYJ “The Beginning” album!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- Who are the Reigning Queen and Princess of Pop?
- Sunny (Korean Film)
- YAM’s Top15 Films of 2011
- Why I Love Korean Cinema
- The Journey of a Cassie Part Two – The List Pt. 5
- Namie Amuro feat. Yamashita Tomohisa – Unusual
- Editor’s Chatroom: TV Shows, Better When They’re Short?
- YAM Contest: The World in my Eyes by SingerSen
- Laure Shang – Nightmare
- Interview: Eden Baylee
Who is your reigning Queen or Princess of Pop? [choose up to 5]
- Lady Gaga (29%, 73 Votes)
- Beyonce (28%, 70 Votes)
- BoA (25%, 62 Votes)
- Hyori Lee (23%, 58 Votes)
- Ayumi Hamasaki (22%, 55 Votes)
- None/Another [add a comment] (17%, 44 Votes)
- Rihanna (16%, 41 Votes)
- Christina Aguilera (15%, 37 Votes)
- Namie Amuro (13%, 33 Votes)
- Shakira (12%, 31 Votes)
- Katy Perry (12%, 29 Votes)
- Koda Kumi (10%, 24 Votes)
- HyunA (6%, 16 Votes)
- Jolin Tsai (5%, 13 Votes)
- Elva Hsiao (5%, 12 Votes)
- Son Dam Bi (4%, 9 Votes)
- Nicki MInaj (3%, 8 Votes)
- Meisa Kuroki (2%, 6 Votes)
- Belinda (2%, 6 Votes)
- Joey Yung (2%, 6 Votes)
- Anahi (2%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 252